Articles in this version
The System Administrator can create one or more submission rules for an Office 365 managed Site in the RecordPoint mid-tier via a web service.
- An existing RecordPoint Installation
- An existing RecordPoint Mid-tier set up
- An existing Office 365 SharePoint site with 365Connect/Records365 set up, deployed and installed
- 365Connect - The script referenced below for using the API can be found in the C:\Program Files\RecordPointOnline\Scripts folder of a RecordPoint Online installation.
- Records365 - The script referenced below for using the API and required dlls can be found in the Records365 SDK download.
Creating a Submission Control
This process is equivalent of adding a Submission Control under Sites in the Mid-tier.
RecordPoint provides a sample script to call the API. To run the script, perform the following
- In PowerShell run RecordPointOnlineAddSubmissionControlRule.ps1
By default, this is found under C:\Program Files\RecordPointOnline\Scripts
This API does not support editing or deleting submission rule in the mid-tier.
The API does not support adding submission rules to the Global Settings site.
Next Step: Queuing a document into the RecordPoint mid-tier queue
Queuing a document can only be performed once submission controls have been created. Submissions can also be performed via an API, see document “API Support for Queuing a document into the RecordPoint mid-tier queue”.