Articles in this version
How to create a manual classification field and manually classify a document
In order to manually classify a document a manual classification field has to be created, this can be done by creating a managed metadata column from the active site.
The classification scheme used to classify content from the active site is the same schema defined during the installation process. Manually classifying a document means the document will be processed through the retention schedule (outcome) as defined by the classification. From a RecordPoint perspective, a manually classified item will pass through to the outcome.
To complete a manual classification from the active site.
The following 3 steps must be performed
- Create a list or library column
- Adding the defined Classification Set for RecordPoint
- Adding an item to the library or list and selecting the classification term
Create a manual classification field
Create a list or library column
From the Active Site:
- Go to the list or library where you want to create the column
- On the list or library tab of the ribbon, click List Settings or Library settings, as appropriate
- In the columns section, click Create Column
- On the Create Column page, in the Name and Type section, enter the name of the column (e.g. Classification)
Adding the Classification Set
- In the Type of information in this column is section, choose Managed Metadata
- In the Term Set Settings
- Select Use a managed term set and perform a search for the Term Set defined for RecordPoint
- Expand the Term Group and select the anchor point for the Term Set
- Click OK to complete
- A new classification column is now created.
Manually classify a document
- Add a new document in the library where the new column has been created
- In the Edit document pop up, under Classification (or the name given to the library column)
- Perform a search for the classification you wish to assign to this document
- The classification pop up will appear, highlight the term required and click Select
- Click OK then click Save to complete this action