Articles in this version
Release date: December 2017
RecordPoint 4.07 brings new features, enhancements and bug fixes to improve your Records Management platform.
For guidance on installing or upgrading to RecordPoint 4.07, see Installation, Upgrade and Configuration.
New Features in this release
Rule, Pattern and Outcome search
To improve the experience for Records Managers when creating or modifying large file plans & rule sets, a search box has been added to the Manage Rules, Outcomes, and Patterns pages.
View Binary from a Disposal Batch
The 'View Binary' action is now available when reviewing or approving a disposal batch, allowing easy access for Records Managers and approvers to the content being disposed.
For more information, see Managing Disposal.
Barcode Scanning Action: New Loan
A new barcode scanning action has been added to create a new file request and set it immediately to on loan, reducing overhead and complexity in managing file transfers.
The New Loan action will create a File Request for the scanned item with a status of On Loan. When performing the File Request action via barcode, the action barcode should be followed by the Location and Assignee barcodes that the file(s) is to be loaned to, then the barcodes of the files.
For more information, see Barcode Scanning Actions
RecordPoint now supports finalising a group of records in bulk from a Saved Query. To do so, follow the steps in Saving a Query to create a saved query, then view the query by selecting it from My Record Point Settings > Saved Queries.
A ribbon action for Finalise is now present - this will queue all the records found by the saved query for finalization. A system message will be written to the dashboard when this process is complete, detailing any errors preventing records in the query from being finalised.
Please be aware that this operation can be long-running and impact queue processing when finalising many items from a Saved Query.
Bugs fixed in this release
The December release includes all bugs resolved since the previous release, including:
- 'Modified By' for Disposal Batch does not update the User's name
- OData Incorrect display of some date fields
- Disposal Batch workflow issues affecting finalisation of items before disposal
- RecordPoint Reporting Samples not displaying correctly in some environments
- Performance issues affecting Files with File Parts attached
- ActiveDeleteSubmit does not trigger when minor versions are deleted if submission of minor versions is disabled
- Files added to a box using barcode scanning actions are removed if the box is resubmitted