Articles in this version
- From within the file you want to Finalise/Finalise Archive--> select the RecordPoint tab--> select Finalise file.
- This will Finalising/Finalising Archive the file and all records contained within that file.
Note: the type of finalise that will be applied will depend on the configuration in the general settings
- Create an Information Management Policy with a retention policy. The Retention policy feature lets you define retention stages, with an action that happens at the end of each stage i.e. start a workflow (Finalise or Finalise Archive).
For more information on how to create and apply information management policies refer to Microsoft TechNet article.
Finalising Minor Versions
|By default, the 'Warning' option is set for the behaviour for the RecordPoint Finalise of minor versions.|
When submitting minor versons there are three options that can occur. They are:
- Publish drafts - When a draft exists the draft will be published to a major version.
- Revert drafts - When a draft exists the draft will be discarded and the last major version submitted.
- Warning - A warning notifying the user will appear and the finalisation will fail.
Configuring Finalise for Minor Versions
- In the Active Site
- Go to Site Settings→ General Settings
- For 'Set the RecordPoint Finalise behaviour for minor versions', select either:
- Publish drafts
- Revert drafts
- Select Update
Restoring records and files that have been finalise and finalise archived